The Landfill & Metal Scrap Yard
The business premises compliance By-law No. 60 policy – Sanitary, Health, Zoning, Parking, Structural, or Fire Hazard conditions concern inquire Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet (867) 898-4600. The Policies & Legislation on the Environment, or waste Management contact Community & Government Services, or Department of Environment, Government of Nunavut.
The Environmental Management response of Clean-up Spills on fuel, oil, spill response kits, absorbs pads/ absorbent booms, or personal protective gear. The 24-hour oil spill line, or hazardous substance disposal bags contact Petroleum Products Division E-mail: Spill Line, Government of Nunavut.
Recycle Containers & Metal Scrap Yard
- Transport Canada Toll-Free: 1-(855) 298-1520
- Nunatta Environmental Services Inc. (867) 979-1488
- Qikiqtaaluk Environmental Inc. 1-(866) 634-6367
The Transport Canada dangerous goods permit to ship Recycle containers i.e. propane tank, used oil, battery/ tires, paint/ auto, or metal contact Register. To inspect on site visit Transport Canada E-mail: Prairie & Northern 1-(888) 463-0521. The Metal scraps ATV/ snowmobile parts, autos/ appliances or empty barrows is disposed on Metal Scrap Yard, not Landfill site. The scrap Autos should be drain of fluids, or batteries remove.
Recycle & Environmental Services
- SANEXEN Environmental Services Inc. Toll-Free: 1-(800) 263-7870
- Productcare Recycling Toll-Free: 1-(877) 592-2972
- Miller Waste Systems 1-(800) 465-5914
- Interlake Salvage & Recycling Inc. (204) 467-9344, or E-mail: Interlake Salvage
- Recycling process
- Healthcare waste Management services Daniels Health Canada (888) 952-5580
- Industrial waste Mobile incinerator Air Burners Inc.
The Regulations on the Environment, or Hazardous waste registration contact Department of Environment. The Municipal Landfill, Metal scrap yard/ Recycle containers or Bins contact Foreman, or Chief Administrative Officer (867) 898-4600.
Transportation of Dangerous Goods Training Certificate
- Safe and Certified Inc. 1-(877) 425-5820
- WHMIS (800) 608-2336
- Northern Safety Association (867) 920-0763
- CCOHS, and Courses 1-(800) 668-4284
- TDG Shipping regulations and Guidelines, or Form
- The Shipping, or Cargo services Desgagnes Transarctik Inc., or NEAS
- Arctic Gateway
The Municipal clean-up, or waste Management Environmental – appliances, used oil/ tires, lumber/ recycle containers (battery/propane), or bins inquire Foreman (867) 898-4600. The annual community Clean-up of Public areas in the Municipality of Chesterfield Inlet contact Chief Administrative Officer, or Foreman (867) 898-4600.
Garbage & Sewage Service (Keep our Environment Clean)
- Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Garbage & Sewage)
- Saturday to Sunday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (Sewage)