Chesterfield Inlet Feasibility Study Reports & Community Development Plans:
- The Department of Economic Development and Transportation, Keewatin Region – Government of the NWT hired the consulting firm PRP Parks: Research & Planning Inc. on February, 1986 to prepare a CHESTERFIELD INLET HISTORIC SITES AND TRAILS PROGRAM DRAFT PLAN with the assistance of Kivalliq Consulting and Management Services and incorporation of the Dept. of ED&T – Gov’t NWT officials and members of the community. In August, 1990, the Dept. of ED&T, Keewatin Region – Gov’t of the Northwest Territories prepared a trails and signage program for the Chesterfield Inlet for future implementation. This is in conjunction with the previous – February, 1986 report to develop an interpretive plan and signage program for Chesterfield Inlet.
- Community Centre – Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut – Technical Status Evaluation Report; prepared by Technical Support Section, Asset Management Division, Department of Works and Services, Government of the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife, NWT – October, 1998
- St-Theresa Home Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut – Technical Status Evaluation Report – November 24, 2000; This report was prepared for the Department of Health and Social Services, Government of Nunavut by the Department of Public Works and Services.
- Chesterfield Inlet Aggregate Study – prepared for CG&T, Rankin Inlet, Nunavut by Ferguson Simek Clark, Engineers & Architects, YK, NT, March 12, 2002
- Chesterfield Inlet Development Corporation – Ste. Theresa Long Term Personal Home Care Redevelopment Report – Prepared by KGS GROUP in association with AGB ARCHITECTURE INC., June, 2002
- Chesterfield Inlet Community Planning Internship Report – Prepared by Shaun Klassen Graduate Student Department of City Planning at the University of Manitoba Community Planning Advisor for the Community of Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut- April 26 to August 31, 2003 (CED Plan focused on Sustainable Economic, Training, and Employment opportunities to Infrastructure planning; how to coordinate a community forward by establishing a community based planning from Education, Cultural, Wildlife, Land, Mineral and Preservation of Heritage Buildings and to Inuit Traditional Knowledge etc.)
- Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet Community Development Plan December, 2008 – Prepared by Accutech Engineering Inc.
(CED Plan that consolidated goals and objectives from infrastructure, education and training, mineral exploration, small business, healthcare, social services, tourism, wildlife and arts and crafts and recreation development. It also consolidated goals and objectives for the preservation of archaeological and heritage sites, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Traditional Knowledge), sustainable economic development, employment opportunities and a five year Capital plan identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and challenges etc.)
- Tundra Wetland Sewage Treatment System Report – Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut; Department of Community and Government Services – Government of Nunavut, Rankin Inlet, Nunavut; prepared by Nunami Jacques Whitford Ltd. January 9, 2009
- New Walk-In Freezer Facility constructed – Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet, 2009
- New Floating Dock Construction – Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet, September, 2010
- Route Analysis Chesterfield Inlet to Josephine Lake – Volume 1 Executive Summary, March 2009 – Maskwa Engineering Ltd… View map 1, View map 2, View map 3.
- Chesterfield Inlet Community Plan & Zoning By-Law, prepared on behalf of the Municipality of Chesterfield Inlet by J.L. Richards Consulting Engineers, Architects & Planners, January, 2010
- Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet Community Plan & Zoning By-Law Background Report, prepared by J.L. Richards & Associates Limited, Consulting Engineers, Architects & Planners, February, 2010
- Infrastructure for a Sustainable Chesterfield Inlet – Vol. 1 Community Priorities, Sept 1, 2010, and Vol. 2 Consultation Report, March 17, 2011, Prepared for the Government of Nunavut by Aarluk Consulting Inc.
- Chesterfield Inlet Community Base Map, August, 2013 The Department of Community & Government Services, Government of Nunavut
- Chesterfield Inlet Small Harbour Assessment Study – Department of Economic Development & Transportation, 2012. View the Harbour Assesment Report
- Chesterfield Inlet Coastal Resource Inventory Report 2009 – 2012 Prepared by Department of Environment, Fisheries and Sealing Division
- Granular Resource Evaluation Report Chesterfield Inlet, Nunavut prepared for C&GS, Government of Nunavut by Dillon Consulting Ltd., July 19, 2013
- Chesterfield Inlet’s Heritage Strategy 2012 – 2017 – Aarluk Consulting
(Heritage strategy focused on archaeological and heritage sites, preservation of Inuit Qaujimajatuqagnit (Inuit Traditional Knowledge) by coordinating with elder’s, significance of heritage resources and the heritage value to historic places. It also includes initiatives for the protection of archaeological sites and structural heritage buildings, geographic names in Inuktitut, key heritage sites, training and programs, potential for a territorial park, economic development of the heritage sector and support for elders and youth program development, etc.) View the Chesterfield Inlet Heritage Strategy 2012 to 2017 document.
- Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet Community Economic Development Plan, 2013 – Prepared by Polar Bligh Consulting Inc. (CED Plan is consolidated on goals and objectives from education, training, health, social issues, tourism, recreation, arts & crafts, mineral exploration, environment, employment, Inuit language and wildlife. It also focus on preservation of Archaeological and Heritage building’s, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit (Inuit Traditional Knowledge), sustainable economic development, and infrastructure etc.)
- Health Policy Community Consultation, McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences, October 14 – 21, 2016, May 27 – June 23, 2017, October 29 – November 9, 2017 & August 9 – 22, 2018
- Community-Based Sea Ice & Ocean Research Project, Centre for Earth Observation Science, University of Manitoba, January, 2017 – February, 2018
- CES Community Consultation, May 8 – 11, 2018
- Community Economic Development Plan – Hamlet of Chesterfield Inlet, A Community Based Approach to Responsible Socio-Economic Development, The CED Plan consolidated report is focus on sustainable to economic development, tourism, heritage & archaeological mapping, training, education, recreation, environment, wildlife/ marine mammals, health/ social, housing, employment, infrastructure, Inuit traditional knowledge, Inuktitut language, arts & crafts, and access road etc. prepared by CES – Canadian Ecotourism Services, November, 2017 – March, 2018